Monday, October 3, 2011

A Big Thank You!

I would like to thank my friends & family and people all over the world for helping me so much over the last 10 months. It is so hard to believe that almost a year I started the Teddy Bear Project in honor of Gene who passed away at the age of 99. So much has happened, I don't even know where to start.

In September of 2011 we collected our 2,000 teddy bear and stuffed animal. I never thought I would collect so much in a short time and now I plan on working on getting a non-profit status.

Anyways the biggest thing that has happened was going to L.A and getting an award for Stacey Mae because she won the Therapy dog of the year in the Hero Dog Awards.




On October 1st, 2011 the Hero Dog Awards took place at the Beverly Hilton. Lots of people and celebrities were there. We had such a great time meeting so many wonderful people. Especially Pauley Perrette who plays Abby in NCIS. She presented the award to us.

The Hero Dog Awards will be on the Halmark Channel on November 11th 2011.

This will be something that I never forget and I owe it to everyone for helping me get this far. I am looking forward to seeing what the upcoming year has to bring as far as it goes with my project and such.
Stacey Mae's Award 


No comments:

Post a Comment